<VV> Registering an old car from New York in California

YENBAT@aol.com YENBAT@aol.com
Wed, 08 Sep 2004 00:14:47 -0400

They have all the info on how other state do things and they can help you... They just don't want to. You have to fail a personality test to be employed at the DMV in Californicate.

If that doesn't work go up another notch. You will eventually get to the person that will be totally pissed off by the fact that they have been bothered with your simple, easy to handle, trivial to them, problem. they will proceed to chew out the person you started with (perhaps in your presence) and THEN you will be able to get this done.

I bought a 64 Monza sedan that had Texas plates and NO paperwork last summer. I now have a Californicate title and NEVER even went to the DMV. I never go to the DMV and no one with sense does either unless they have to. I got it all done at Triple A. Just suggestion in case you aren't already a member.... JOIN.

BTW - I learned how stupid the people at the DMV are when one of them insisted that I needed a smog certificate for my 1954 Chevy pickup when I moved back here from Illinois. The rub was... There was NO requirement EVER for any 1954 or older vehicle to be tested... EVER. The guy at the test station told me to go back and start the "movin up the line" thing. The woman who sent me for the cert. was pissed but processed me very quickly while her boss prompted her through every step. to my complete satisfaction.

Good Luck,

Tim (stays away from the DMV) Abney