<VV> Registering an old car from New York in California

Philip Wilson pkw@peachgrove.com
Tue, 7 Sep 2004 21:17:20 -0700

Thanks Mark.  I have a bill of sale from the previous owner to me, but not
from the owner before that to the previous owner.  It is the latter DMV
wants, as it seems you understand.  I am in process of getting the bond now.
Thanks for your input.

Phil

-----Original Message-----
From: Marc Marcoulides [mailto:hharpo@earthlink.net]
Sent: Tuesday, September 07, 2004 8:12 PM
To: pkw@peachgrove.com; virtualvairs@corvair.org
Subject: Re: <VV> Registering an old car from New York in California

I presume you have a bill of sale from prior owner #2 to the person you
bought the car from. If you can get a bill of sale from the person you
bought the car from to you you may be ready to get title. If DMV won't
accept that then you need a bond (State Farm doesn't sell them) most
insurance brokers will sell them and there is no refund after 3 years or any
number of years.

Marc Marcoulides LUTCF