<VV> Jerks and Big Trucks

Geoffrey Albert Clarke Johnson geoffj@unm.edu
Wed, 08 Sep 2004 21:23:59 -0600

So I am sitting at a stoplight today in my yellow 63.  I am in the far left
lane (left ahnd turn lane) of a 4 lane 1 way road which is part of an exit
off of the interstate.  I am the first car in line at the light.  All of a
sudden this big truck pulls up on my left where there is no lane... 3 feet
to the curb, so he has to be part way on the curb!  So this guy is inches
away from me...and turns right, across three lanes of traffic, raking his
big truck across my front left fender.  Thankfully no metal body damage but
wrecked the paint on that fender and wrecked a bezel.  I just was shocked
and unable to comprehend why this guy did this.  Complete idiot or running
from something who knows.  Of course he took off, hit and run.   I got his
license and the insurance company will  be going after him.  Anyway my
fender needs new paint but my insurance will fix it if they cant catch him.
Ugh I dont understand, just have to complain!

-Geoff Johnson
63 Monza Coupe
66 Corsa Coupe
http://www.unm.edu/~geoffj