<VV> Jerks and Big Trucks - Urban Assault Vehicles

Charles Lee chaz@ivic.net
Wed, 8 Sep 2004 22:26:07 -0700

Every time a Hummer gets blown up on the news, their sales go up. The war in
Iraq has made everyone feel like GI Joe, and so they need to drive military
vehicles on city streets.

Did you know that you can buy spray on mud to make it look like you went
offroading without having to get you pretty truck dirty ?

Remember when the Corvair was a SMALL car ?  Then it was the size of an
Impala (because the big cars got small - remember that ?), and now it's
small again.

Up against Urban Attack Vehicles in the 6000-8000 lb range, everything is
small - except something even bigger !  Saw a Navigator get cut in half
length-wise by a semi on CA-I5 - bet he thought he was safe until that
happened.

Those drivers don't buy them for safety, at least not YOUR safety, just to
survive whatever havoc they raise while wandering around this country's
roadways without a care in the world !

Why should they care - they are safe in their tanks - it's why they buy them
for their wives and girlfriends - so they'll survive their own bad driving.

In a Corvair, you can avoid the accident (sometimes), instead of simply
surviving it.

If you're driving a nimble little thing like a Corvair, it's possible not to
have the accident in the first place !

Just my 2 cents' worth.

Thanks for listening !

Chaz