<VV> Jerks and Big Trucks - Urban Assault Vehicles

Alan and Clare Wesson alan.wesson@atlas.co.uk
Thu, 9 Sep 2004 07:54:02 +0100

> In California, the school busses and cops pass you if you're under 80 !

Age or speed?

(;-))

Cheers

Alan

P.S. It seems that way in VA and PA as well nowadays! I am anti-speed-limit
campaigner in the UK, but I have to say that, although I like driving at
85-110 mph in Europe, it terrifies me in the USA! I think it is partly (with
respect) because the driving standards are (even) lower, and partly because
many people are driving around in top-heavy, ill-handling trucks or
evil-handling sogmobiles with no shocks, and I just *KNOW* they can't react
quickly in an emergency situation! Doing 110 mph in Italy, where the speed
limit is now 95 and you are O.K. with the police at up to 120ish, and I am
surrounded by Alfas and Audis, is somehow less scary than being passed in
the Vair on I-81 by Kenworths and old ladies in '93 Buick Park Avenues, at
85 mph on auto-pilot (I mean the old ladies are on auto-pilot, not the Park
Avenues)...