<VV> NEW GM TRANSMISSION FLUID----IMPORTANT

kaczmarek@charter.net kaczmarek@charter.net
Thu, 9 Sep 2004 13:04:46 +0000

Good Morning All

Before the rumors get started.....

With the introduction of (the General's latest feeble attempt to replace the Corvair) The 2004 Chevy (Daewoo) Aveo, There is a new GM Transmission fluid, to be called
T-IV

GM Part numbers are 88900925 for US dealers, for those in
Canada, Use P/N 88689186, the main difference is a 1L bottle Vice a 1QT bottle.

The GM Tech Link Article says......
DO NOT MIX DEXRON III FLUID WITH THE T-IV FLUID.

will T-IV replace dexron III completely at some point?? I believe so but have only hearsay on that. Here's the Hearsay.

What is going on now, is what happened in 94 from what I have been told. Dexron III cannot be used in Aveo (and possibly other 2005 and up models,) but any vehicle that used dexron III (or II or I) will be able to use T-IV if that is the fluid they (the engineers at the General)
decide to go with. Dexron III would then run out of stock as it sells out.

More as info comes available.....
Regards
HANK