<VV> rebuilt carbs, throttle return spring?

John Headley robedinpurple@yahoo.com
Fri, 10 Sep 2004 13:53:37 -0700 (PDT)

I know there is a guy on the list called the
carbmeister, but I think he lives in Florida (maybe
not online now).  Anyway, if he's listening or if
anyone knows a direct e-mail, please drop me a line
off-list.  I want to get some prices on rebuilt units.

New question, if there is a throttle return spring on
my 64 monza, I don't see it.  Where is this supposed
to be?  My throttle doesn't really try very hard to
return, and it's not right.  Seems like letting go of
the pedal should do something.

As for good news, another vacation day, more progress
made.  Fixed a defective wiper spindle that gave 30
degrees of free play in the passenger wiper by
replacing with used.  Stopped a massive oil leak at
the oil cooler with new seals.  Got the car running
better, but still won't idle properly, there are
problems in the carbs - one choke lever doesn't want
to return, fast idle thing falls all the way off the
cam on that carb.  Tired of screwing with carbs, thus
the first question.

-John Headley
64 monza convert
Royal Oak, MI