<VV> RE: TRANS FLUID (somewhat serious, nah!)

Dave Keillor dkeillor@ultrex.com
Fri, 10 Sep 2004 16:19:21 -0500

Maybe not urban legend.  When I was in high school back in the '50s, I had a
'39 Chev with a badly cracked water jacket.  Every day or two I'd drain 1-2
quarts out of the oil pan (remove the drain plug and wait until the water
turned to milk-chocolate oil).  The oil looked like chocolate milk and once
a month or so I'd drain it and replace with $0.05 a quart recycled oil.  The
car ran that way for three years and was still running fine when I parked it
for a '50 Olds 98.  If water works in the crankcase, why not in a PG?

Dave Keillor

-----Original Message-----
From: Geoffrey Albert Clarke Johnson [mailto:geoffj@unm.edu]
Sent: Friday, September 10, 2004 10:55 AM
To: John Miller; virtualvairs@corvair.org
Subject: Re: <VV> RE: TRANS FLUID (somewhat serious, nah!)

May be more urban legend then truth but funny nonetheless.  While helping a
friend rebuild a transmission I was told how he knew some people who had a
tranny that leaked so badly they could not keep oil in it, to expensive.
So they put water in the thing to get it down the road.  Sure the
transmssion help up well with that!
-Geoff

--On Thursday, September 09, 2004 9:21 PM -0500 John Miller