<VV> RE: TRANS FLUID (somewhat serious, nah!)

J R Read_HML hmlinc@sbcglobal.net
Fri, 10 Sep 2004 17:33:29 -0500

Man,

You must be an OLD guy!  <GRIN>  I paid $0.10 (maybe it was $0.15) per quart
for that foul smelling stuff.  Came in a glass container with a metal spout
shaped like a funnel.  I'm over 60.  Used it in my '35 F--d 2dr.  This was
around 1963-4.

It used a bit of oil.  I recall trying to slow the consumption by getting
some Molybdenum (sp?) pellets from Washawsky (now J. C. Whitney),
unscrewing the plugs and putting some (maybe a half dozen or so) into each
cylinder and starting up.  That (I think it was 65hp) V8 flathead, made a
racket for a couple of minutes.  Can't say whether or not it slowed the oil
consumption.  Never had the engine apart, so don't know what it REALLY did
in there.

Attachments are scanned with anti-virus software.

Later, JR
'61 Rampside Standard 4/110
'65 Monza Convertible 4/140
'66 beater Coupe - icemobile 4/140