<VV> Re: [fastvair] Oil filter

VairMech@aol.com VairMech@aol.com
Sun, 12 Sep 2004 09:35:02 EDT

In a message dated 9/11/2004 8:20:24 PM Eastern Standard Time,
Frostvair66@aol.com writes:

The  Hastings filters burst psi is a lot hire than any other filter. It also
is one  of the leading filters for filtration.

    I am also am AMSOIL dealer I want to caution anyone  about using the
Hastings filter. The Hastings filter has the over the top seal  and when the
filter is tightened enough for the top bolt not to leak then the  seal proceeds to
cut it's self into two pieces. This almost cost me 2 engines,  one on a
customer car, (thank goodness I was driving it), and one on my race  car.
    The seal deterioration is not instant. On the  customer car it took about
30 miles to start and on the race car it took a  qualifying session, 15
minutes!
    I will be calling Hastings soon but I doubt it  will do any good.
    Also, always look at the filter you are buying and  make sure it has the
traditional type seal that works and refuse any others. I  did know about the
warnings from a long time ago but I needed to find out for  myself I guess.

Handy  Care Care
Ken Hand
97 Peach
Pontiac, MI, 48342