<VV> Question regarding early wheels & aftermarket

Bill Elliott Bill Elliott" <Corvair@fnader.com
Mon, 13 Sep 2004 09:35:02 -0400

>From Bryan's exceptional Corvair autocross page at: http://autoxer.skiblack.com/

4 lugs on 4-1/2" pattern
Acura - Legend '86-'89
Buick - Special '61-'63
Chevrolet Corvair all 4-bolt
Chevy II all 4-bolt Sprint '85-'87
Nova ('61-'70)
Datsun/Nissan - most models to '89
Dodge Colt '79-'88
Dodge Colt (early)
Ford Mustang all '65-'68 4-bolt
Falcon, Maverick, Granada all
4-bolt Mazda - 626, RX7 '83-'87 ????
MGA, MGB, MGC
Olds - F-85 '61-'63 Plymouth - Arrow,
Sapporo '79-'88 SAAB all ??? SAAB - 900 to '87 (edit: I think only SAAB 99 and 900)
Toyota - most exc. MR2 and P.U. to '89
Triumph TR 1..6
I think you'll find "offset" is the biggest issue here. I have not done much with custom rims on earlies, but
I understand that your best way to go would be with rims made for Datsun 510 and Z cars. There should
be plenty of these around to choose from....

Bill Elliott

On Mon, 13 Sep 2004 06:16:00 -0700 (PDT), Tully Franks wrote:

>I have a '64 500 and I've heard that the bolt pattern is the same as certain 80s Toyotas (Tercel, maybe?), but I haven't been able to find any info regarding
this.   Anyone know which will work, as it could make it easier to see what aftermarket wheels might work, also if there are any offset concerns, etc.