<VV> License Plates

Dave Keillor dkeillor@ultrex.com
Mon, 13 Sep 2004 09:23:55 -0500

I drive mine exactly like you do, Joe, but my classic car insurer (Hagerty)
says that pleasure driving is just fine and doesn't impose a mileage limit.
The reason I switched to a classic car insurer was so I could get "agreed"
(not "stated") value insurance in a policy that allows pleasure driving.  My
regular car insurance company (State Farm) was unable/unwilling to provide
such in a policy that allowed pleasure driving.

Dave Keillor

-----Original Message-----
From: N. Joseph Potts [mailto:pottsf@msn.com]
Sent: Monday, September 13, 2004 8:04 AM
To: Stephen Upham; virtualvairs@corvair.org
Subject: RE: <VV> License Plates

I maintain regular insurance on my Corvair, and I DON'T drive it every day.
Every week is more like it, but I NEVER drive it in parades, and very rarely
attend meetings relating to old cars. Ditto for car shows. I drive it for a
reason code that is VERY apt: Pleasure. That's regular insurance.

Joe Potts
Miami, Florida USA
1966 Corsa coupe 140hp 4-speed with A/C