<VV> License Plates

John jdozsa@carr.org
Mon, 13 Sep 2004 11:13:02 -0400

Why not historic tags and regular insurance?

At one time I had both historic and regular registration on my '65 Corsa
to solve the limited use problem.  I had two sets of Maryland plates.  I
displayed the historic tags and kept the regular plates in the car to
show the cops.  The one time I did get stopped driving my Corsa to work
the state trooper was so befuddled he had his barracks supervisor come
out to take a look.  It took for ever and then they let me go shaking
their heads about DMV.  At the time historic tags cost $1, long gone!
Dual registration is no longer allowed in Maryland.  I did have regular
insurance.  Here the police no longer enforce the limited use on
historic tags.  Check with a traffic enforcement trooper to see what
they actually do in your state.

John Dozsa