<VV> SEAT BELT WARNING!

Butch Chapman w5jax@yahoo.com
Mon, 13 Sep 2004 09:06:57 -0700 (PDT)

On August 15th at about 2:30 pm my wife and I were in an accident in our 65 Monza 4 dr. It involved frontal impact to our car at about 40 mph. We have lap belts only in this car, and they kept us from going through the windshield but! I hit the steering wheel, bent the wheel AND THE SHAFT, this caused chest injury's and broke my neck in C2. My wife hit the windshield and dash (not a padded dash) and lost 4 teeth, broke her jaw and shattered her pallet and nose. They did reconstructive surgery and wired her jaw together and shut. Also put splints in her nose, some will stay, some come out later. We are healing slowly. Moral of the story. I was going to put in shoulder belts soon when I changed the headliner. These would most likely have saved us from a lot of our injuries.

We did not have insurance that would cover all bills also we run our own business and with both of us down there is no one to run it.

We have had lots of help and prayers from friends, family, members of our Arkansas Corvair Club and our Church but any help would be welcome.

If you can help our address is: Meredith And Butch Chapman

                                            P.O. Box 243

                                           Jacksonville, Arkansas 72078

Hope to have another Corvair on the road some day WITH shoulder belts!

Thank you & be safe out there.

Butch Chapman

501-676-6693

PS: I'll try this.