<VV> RE: insurnace - was Plates

Dave Keillor dkeillor@ultrex.com
Mon, 13 Sep 2004 20:44:36 -0500

None in my Hagerty, either.

-----Original Message-----
From: J R Read_HML [mailto:hmlinc@sbcglobal.net]
Sent: Monday, September 13, 2004 8:13 PM
To: Mark; Dave Keillor; virtualvairs@corvair.org
Subject: insurnace - was Plates

Well, I just checked my JC Taylor policy.  There is no such "unattended"
provision.  I believe that you were misinformed.

The ONLY "unattended" provision I can recall in an auto policy (ANY auto
policy) is for theft of personal items (not part of the vehicle) from an
unlocked and unattended auto.  Perhaps this is what you have in mind?

Three Corvairs insured - Liability at $300,000, Values at $12,000, $6,000,
and $2,000.  NO Deductible!  Premium = $227 per year.

Check with a few folks that you might know in the body shop business about
how they are forced by your named company to use cheap parts for repair.
May not be available for your Corvair - but that mindset is still operating
in the background.

You want a company that will help your RESTORE the vehicle after an
accident - not merely REPAIR it - like you would a car that is going to
eventually be thrown away.  You want somebody who is USED to dealing with
"special" vehicles.

Sure - this is opinion, but it's mine and I'm sticking with it!

Attachments are scanned with anti-virus software.

Later, JR
'61 Rampside Standard 4/110
'65 Monza Convertible 4/140
'66 beater Coupe - icemobile 4/140