<VV> Gas Tank Sealing

Duane, Jim Jim.Duane@DigitalNet.com
Tue, 14 Sep 2004 08:51:06 -0400

Hi all!

Methyl-Ethyl-Ketone? Powerful mojo.

My father used MEK in his job.  I did too.  Works like magic!  Don't get
used to it, wear rubber gloves, and wear a respirator if you got one...

Current Regulatory Status
OSHA Permissible exposure limit (PEL) for methyl ethyl ketone is 200
ppm, 590 mg/m3

NIOSH Recommended exposure limit (REL) for methyl ethyl ketone is 200
ppm TWA, 300 ppm STEL

ACGIH Threshold limit value (TLV) is 200 ppm, 590 mg/m3 TWA; 300 ppm,
885 mg/m3 STEL

Jim Duane

180 Corsa CVT
Colonial Corvairs
CORSA

-----Original Message-----
From: virtualvairs-admin@corvair.org
[mailto:virtualvairs-admin@corvair.org] On Behalf Of N. Joseph Potts
Sent: Tuesday, September 14, 2004 8:16 AM
To: Stephen Upham; virtualvairs@corvair.org
Subject: RE: <VV> Gas Tank Sealing

My tank, so treated, is going on its eighth year of troublefree service.
Do
NOT overlook the instruction to first clean the inside of the tank (this
goes for NEW tanks, too) with MEK. I easily found the MEK down at the
hardware store, next to the lacquer thinner.

Joe Potts
Miami, Florida USA
1966 Corsa coupe 140hp 4-speed with A/C