<VV> FC Gas Tank

Vic vichoward@mohaveaz.com
Tue, 14 Sep 2004 21:26:13 -0700

I decided to reinstall my original gas tank into my Rampside. Recently I asked
about the option of installing a tank in the bed of the truck and my short
lived research led me to conclude it would cost much more in time and dollars
then I am willing to spend right now. I did find myself in need of a new float
for the fuel guage sending unit and found that Ford Motor Co. makes one that
is a good fit. It is shaped the same, fits into the loop as the old one did
but is slightly shorter. The good part is that it costs just slightly over
$5.00 .
Below is ALL the info I copied off of the plastic bag it came sealed in:

Ford Motor Co.
CoAz-9202-B
float asy
AF30E w/o 00019
            7/21/04

I'm not sure of what part of that is the part number but if you presented to
the parts counter of your local auto parts store or even a Ford dealership
parts dept., they can decipher it. I believe all floats for all Corvairs are
the same (?) so this could be a cheap answer to a gas filled float vs the
danger of trying to repair the old one.
Vic Howard