<VV> Gas Tank Sealing - Update/Resolution

Mike Mike <themoose@mindspring.com>
Wed, 15 Sep 2004 12:53:52 -0400 (EDT)

Thanks to all the great responses to my Gas Tank sealer question; here's what has resulted:

Found Corvair Atlanta member with BRAND NEW TANK!
Will pick it up tomorrow.
Ordered quart of POR15 Tank sealer - should be here Friday.
While waiting for Ivan to blow through, I will paint the outside of the tank with POR15 grey (I have a quart of the exterior paint).
Once the exterior is dry. I will seal the interior. Thus making said new gas tank "bulletproof".

****
If anyone feels like they want a "challenge" - I have a LM 66 gas tank - POR15'd (exterior only) that could be cleaned and treated and might make a fine gas tank - there was rust in it MAKE ME AN OFFER...
****

Mike in Atlanta
Moose