<VV> Wiring harness

chickwich@comcast.net chickwich@comcast.net
Wed, 15 Sep 2004 19:03:53 +0000

       I am in the process of restoring a 63 Corvan right now.  My major hold up is the electrical system.  Every wire I see has broken insulation and the ones I can't see are definately grounding out.  I was interested in members experiences with:  Clarks, Underground, and generic kits from Painless Wiring or other vendors).  Clarks lists a 65 van wiring harness, is this set up for an Alternator or a generator?  Other than that are there any differences in van harnesses 61-65?
       I have been encouraged to buy a complete harness rather than attempt to make one from scratch, or repair the shreaded remains of the orignal.  As always cost is a major concern, I'm sure many other members have "Been there, done that" all comments are welcome.  Thanks again.
Andy Hammond
Chickwich@comcast.net
63 Corvan "Mystery Machine"
www.corvair.org/chapters/chapter210/mysterymachine