<VV> Wiring harness

chuck chsadek@adelphia.net
Wed, 15 Sep 2004 20:08:12 -0400

I think Lon had the right message.  My take is; the best you can do is
go thru one of our vendors.  They will provide what is available, as
good as they can get it.  It is easier to modify something htat is
close, rather than some ersatz item.  (Huckster understands ersatz-
ULTRA stuff).  Most of the general non-Corvair stuff doesn't fit or is
incorrect for our applications.  Or, you can have one custom made, maybe
even by Clarks or Lon (Underground).  Call and ask them.  Both are very
accommodating and try to help.

Good Luck.

Chuck S
BBRT

-----Original Message-----
From: virtualvairs-admin@corvair.org
[mailto:virtualvairs-admin@corvair.org] On Behalf Of
chickwich@comcast.net
Sent: Wednesday, September 15, 2004 3:04 PM
To: virtual vairs; Corvantics
Subject: <VV> Wiring harness

       I am in the process of restoring a 63 Corvan right now.  My major
hold up is the electrical system.  Every wire I see has broken
insulation and the ones I can't see are definately grounding out.  I was
interested in members experiences with:  Clarks, Underground, and
generic kits from Painless Wiring or other vendors).  Clarks lists a 65
van wiring harness, is this set up for an Alternator or a generator?
Other than that are there any differences in van harnesses 61-65?
       I have been encouraged to buy a complete harness rather than
attempt to make one from scratch, or repair the shreaded remains of the
orignal.  As always cost is a major concern, I'm sure many other members
have "Been there, done that" all comments are welcome.  Thanks again.
Andy Hammond
Chickwich@comcast.net
63 Corvan "Mystery Machine"
www.corvair.org/chapters/chapter210/mysterymachine