<VV> 69 Corvair on Ebay

qcc65@charter.net qcc65@charter.net
Thu, 16 Sep 2004 5:26:46 +0000

Does this item look right?  (Item number 2489866771 if the URL doesn't
display properly).

I'm not sure why you are asking but I looked at all the pics, read the writeup, and nothing I see seems misleading. It is most likely the person who purchased #5996 did so for long term value and has had it stored most of this time. The value has been diminished by the repaint, but I'd bet his reserve is close to $10,000. I could be wrong on this. As in any consideration of a purchase like this, the car should be inspected in person or by a competant trusted person on your behalf.
   Having (0) feedback wouldn't be unusual for a dealer who needs to appeal to more than his limited local in order to get fair market value. It's apparently not his normal MO to sell cars on EBAY.
   I would be interested in the car at 6 to 8 thousand, but not more. But that's just me. Most of the value of a Corvair is in the desires of the buyer.
  I'd be curious what some of the more seasoned Corvair people on this list think. Chuckster, Mark or Bill Elliot have expertise in this area.

Ron Guy