<VV> I hate my corvairs exhaust install!

Tony Underwood tonyu@roava.net
Thu, 16 Sep 2004 14:54:05 -0700

At 12:01 hours 09/16/2004 -0500, J R Read_HML wrote:
>Do you mean about how you can't stay in the car more than 20 minutes at a
>time with those trombone exhausts, because of the loudness and that they
>will drag going over curbs and such?
>
>Or, that he should install a stock system and be done with it?

There's now an NOS trombone dual exhaust on the 110 in the '62 ragtop.
It's still wearing the original blue paint which still hasn't quite burned
off yet.    It's decently quiet and sounds nice, hardly what I'd regard as
loud or objectionable.

It also includes the correct original headpipe with the crossover tube
which I'm sure helps tone down the drone a bit.

And, mounted correctly on an early, the tailpipes hug the rear sheetmetal
outside the rear air grill area and don't drag on anything, and in fact sit
higher than the engine mount bracket which will certainly be the first
thing to drag should something severe come along.

tony..