<VV> heater hose

N. Joseph Potts pottsf@msn.com
Thu, 16 Sep 2004 18:30:50 -0400

I have gotten Lon's plastic heater hose, and it is GREAT! But IF your engine
has oil or exhaust leaks, fumes CAN get past faulty blower valves and into
the passenger compartment. This has never been a problem in my Vair (heater
hoses ALWAYS intact and hooked up, heater ALWAYS off, see below).
     Leaks from the inside of the heater hose to the outside of the heater
hose (outside, period) CAN upset the pressures and flows of the air stream
that cools your engine. Obviously, an omitted heater hose is the extreme
case of this. For this reason, I would either have intact heater hoses OR
cap off the outlets to the hoses. Which is greater trouble for you? I could
probably respond a bit more relevantly for you if I knew either your
location or the climactic conditions you drive in.

Joe Potts
Miami, Florida USA
1966 Corsa coupe 140hp 4-speed with A/C

-----Original Message-----
From: virtualvairs-admin@corvair.org
[mailto:virtualvairs-admin@corvair.org]On Behalf Of Biggerstaff, Lloyd
B, SSgt, 146MXS, LGMCR
Sent: Thursday, September 16, 2004 3:41 PM
To: 'virtualvairs@corvair.org'
Subject: <VV> heater hose

I am about to put my drivetrain back into my 1966 Monza and was wondering if
it is worth the money to replace the heater hoses.Mine are unusuable, but
from what I have heard it is not worth the trouble since they leak exhaust
smells into the vehicle.Is this true or is it due to faulty gaskets?Thanks
for info.