<VV> Re:Heater Hoses

vairologist@juno.com vairologist@juno.com
Thu, 16 Sep 2004 23:08:11 -0400

 From: "Biggerstaff, Lloyd B, SSgt, 146MXS, LGMCR"
>   <lloyd.biggerstaff@cachan.ang.af.mil>
>
> I am about to put my drivetrain back into my 1966 Monza and was
> wondering if it is worth the money to replace the heater hoses.Mine are

> unusuable, but from what I have heard it is not worth the trouble since
they leak
> exhaust smells into the vehicle.Is this true or is it due to faulty
> gaskets?Thanks for info.
Smitty says:  lloyd the most common source of heater smells is leaking
pushrod tubes allowing oil to get on the manifold clamps although other
places are possible.  If your engine is well maintained there is nothing
wrong with a Corvair "engine air" heater.  They put out massive amounts
of hot clean air.