<VV> Ressurrection update

Stephen Upham contactsmu@sbcglobal.net
Sun, 19 Sep 2004 19:51:20 -0500

	Well, Ken and I installed the gas tank and filler tube, in-line fuel
filter, heater hoses; dropped, cleaned, repainted, and installed a new
gasket on the tranny pan, installed a new plug for the mechanical fuel
pump orifice, and then at 3:55 p.m. Saturday, I was able to sit in the
front seat, turn the ignition key and hear that sweet, sweet sound of
my new engine roaring to life.  There was a lot of smoke due to the
tranny fluid that remained in the mufflers from me trying to
unsuccessfully loosen the pistons last August when this rebuild got
underway.
	Next week, we will install new brake cylinders, drum hole adjustment
plugs, a new dual master cylinder, vacuum modulator valve, new front
tie rod bushings, and if all goes well, she should be able to drive
around the neighborhood for a few minutes.  It will be my first
experience behind the wheel of a late although Corvairs of all types
have been a part of my family since 1963. I have never personally owned
a Corvair although I have personally driven '62 standard coupe, a '63
four door pg, a van whose year model escapes me (but it was a
standard), and a '64 (I think) Rampside, and ridden in a '66 Corsa
Turbo Coupe.  The last time I drove any of the listed Corvairs was in
1981!
	I'm looking forward to a very special experience next week.  Wish me
luck!

Stephen Upham
Dallas, Texas

Mid prod. #18732 -1965 Monza sedan 110, Sierra Tan - Saddle, PG, A/C,
original AM/FM, clock, tint, oil bath air filter, w/ 77K
(soon to be out of group red for the first time in twelve years)

Corvairium II