<VV> Dual cylinder low pedal

Larry Forman larry@forman.net
Mon, 20 Sep 2004 07:48:21 -1100

Hi Ron,
When I did a 66 conversion, I needed to take the pedal pushrod and grind some of it off, so the pedal had free play and the push rod allowed the piston to fully retract.  Check carefully when under the dash that there is truly free play.  You will have a low pedal if the piston never retracts fully.

Larry

----- Original Message -----
From: ronchoy@comcast.net
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2004 16:54:48 +0000
To: virtualvairs@corvair.org
Subject: <VV> Dual cylinder low pedal

I replaced my '65 single master cylnder with Clark's double. Installation is correct but the pedal activation is quite low. Apparently it's because the replacement cylinder hasn't the checkvalves present in originals. Other than adjusting the shoes really tight and removing the pedal freeplay, can the pedal be brought up?
 --ron 65,66