<VV> Leaving ignition on to play radio (correction!)

Bill Elliott Bill Elliott" <Corvair@fnader.com
Tue, 21 Sep 2004 12:46:29 -0400

Sorry!  I did not notice we were talking about an Early!

Well, as has been pointed out to me by several people (thanks guys!), Earlies don't have an Accessory
position. Heck, I didn't realize those things actually had radios?

VBG!

So please change my advice to:

1. Buy a Late!

or

2. Hook the radio up to one of the BATT terminals on the fuseblock (Earlies do have fuses don't they?)
so it will be hot all the time. then you can play the radio withthe ignition off.... will just have to remember to
turn the radio off each time.

Bill

--Original Message Text---
From: Bill Elliott
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2004 11:50:45 -0400

Not constantly sparking, but it's true that it will shorten the life of the points. Not good for the car.

And if you have a Pertronix, potentially fatal to the Ignitor.

Hook up the radio to use the Accessory position.

Bill