<VV> re: eBay alert

Tony Underwood tonyu@roava.net
Tue, 21 Sep 2004 15:21:38 -0700

At 11:39 hours 09/21/2004 -0700, Marc Marcoulides wrote:
>I did not know there was anything wrong with using someone elses photos.
About a
>year ago I bought a BMW on eBay, I just recently sold it. I had kept the
photos
>so I used them when I sold the car on eBay I re-used those photos taken by
the person I bought it from.

Lots of people on Ebay use photos of items they're selling that they
themselves did not take.   Electronics/computers/cameras is a good
example...  "Photo is of a typical example of a similar item and not
necessarily of the exact item for auction"  etc.

Naturally, the photo should be accompanied by a disclaimer.    And of
course, you should OWN the item you're selling.

For sake of argument, I suppose Corvair22 *might* have mistakenly used the
wrong photo (stifling a laugh) when placing the ad.

"It could happen..."

tony..