<VV> Corvairs Again - This time its the beast of the vairs

John Miller jncmiller@mchsi.com
Tue, 21 Sep 2004 16:55:21 -0500

Tony Underwood wrote:

Humm...  a very long time ago I read an article (Motor Trend I think) which
described the name 'Corvair' as having come from a prototype vehicle (the
'Vette "Nomad"?) which had offered the sportiness of the Corvette combined
with the practicality of the Bel-Air, hence the name Corvair.   It was
later applied to the version with which we are afflicted.
Tony,

 I cant see that as true either.....because it is my understanding that the
Corvair name on a "Vette" preceded the Corvette name......so here goes that
whole space time continueum thing ......which came first the chicken or the
Vette? Damn, Bruce look what you started now!

                                                    John Miller
                                                    Iowa