<VV> New '65 Monza Convertible 110

Corvair6t5@aol.com Corvair6t5@aol.com
Wed, 22 Sep 2004 16:29:29 -0400

Ricki wrote:

I am new to this discussion group.  I purchased the subject vehicle from
Patton Dickson.  What is the ruling (opinion) on synthetic oil (20w50)
use in the Corvair six?

Welcome Ricki! You'll find one question on motor oil will get you umpteen answers. I would say depending on your climate, the 20w50 would be fine, especially synthetic. I usually run conventional 20w50 in my '65 Monza during the summer and 15w40 the rest of the year. Personally, I wouldn't go with anything thinner than a 10w40, but I know a lot of Corvair owners run 10w30. If you have time, there's a great online forum which deals with various aspects of motor oil: http://bobistheoilguy.com. You'll know more about oil in a day than you have your whole lifetime.

Regards,

Pat Bremer
Speedway, IN
http://roadtripmemories.com