<VV> hardtop thread

Bill Elliott Bill Elliott" <Corvair@fnader.com
Wed, 22 Sep 2004 19:09:43 -0400

Nope, afraid whilst beating the dead house I must agree with Mark (as VV-Talk participants faint dead away).

4 doors do not automatically make it a sedan and 2 doors are often sedans, if marketed as coupes.

Next we get into convertible/roadster/cabriolet definitions! VBG

Now obviously, the US definitions have been strongly influenced by marketing nomenclatures, but as an example, BMW
2002/320/325/etc are all 2 door sedans... while the 2800CS/3000CS/630/etc are coupes.  I would not call a late Corvair (or T-
bird) 4 door a sedan... but at the same time the Mini Cooper is not a coupe...

Bill Elliott