<VV> Shredded Cam Lobe

Geoffrey A. Johnson geoffj@unm.edu
Wed, 22 Sep 2004 19:40:03 -0600

Anything else could cause this beside a dead lobe?  Car has a bad miss and
trouble accellerating and backfiring.  So I pull the valve covers and start
it.   Number 1 intake is moving maybe 2 millimeters.  Compression test is
fine ~120 on all.  Motor has about 8,000 miles on it after a rebuild.  It
has never sounded right, always has had a funny sound from the valve train.
OT20 reground cam and new lifters when it was built.   I pulled the rocker
and started it and held the end of the pushrod, again it is only moving
just a touch.  All the others are moving fine.  New rockers, balls and
springs  were also put in at the same time.  This is on my sisters evil 61
sedan.  Will pull the lifters tommorrow when it is light and take a further
look.

-Geoff Johnson