<VV> hardtop thread

Alan and Clare Wesson alan.wesson@atlas.co.uk
Thu, 23 Sep 2004 13:32:54 +0100

Thomas wrote:

> That is BMW ... VW does not claim this for its Golf ... well, the BMW
> probably
> has a different roof line or less rear leg room than the 3-series 4-door?

I don't think so - not with the 3 series. Maybe a *tiny* little bit of extra
slope to the roof, but really to call it a coupe is a cynical marketing
ploy - there is hardly any difference in silhouette between it and the
4-door!

You're right about the Golf, but the word 'coupe' is becoming increasingly
abused among eurohatch makers.

> BTW, I am looking forward to the visit of Corvair friend
> Finn Halbo from CA on his Europe trip this saturday.

A shame Finn isn't passing through Devon (although I am only here for one
week before I leave for Hershey - YESSSSSS!).

Cheers

Alan