<VV> CORSA Hurricane Relief Fund Proposal

Bill Hubbell Bill Hubbell" <whubbell@umich.edu
Thu, 23 Sep 2004 17:06:26 -0400

I would like to propose the formation of a CORSA Hurricane Relief
Fund/Effort to help the members of CORSA who have been been hit HARD by the
many hurricanes this year.  Some have HUGE losses, including Ed Lindsey, who
lost his home and all his cars, including all his Corvairs, due to massive
flooding.  It is my hope to be able to get a fund started through CPF that
will administer the aid and allow charitable donations, but even if that
falls through, we owe it to our fellow Corvair owners to help out in this
crises.  To get the ball rolling, I will be making the following proposals:

1) A special issue of the Communique to be printed (probably in November)
dealing with the effects of the hurricane (all of them) damage to our
members.  We will try to get photos and stories from those involved.  I will
ask Mike McGowan to coordinate this project.  I want to use this issue to
dramatize the plight of the stricken to boster support for them, but if any
way can also be found to turn a profit on these issues, it is to be donated
to the relief fund.

2) I am asking all CORSA clubs running car shows for the next year to
consider setting aside a portion of any profits toward the relief fund.
Barring that, at least consider taking up donations at the shows for the
fund.

3) I will ask Kent Sullivan to look into the possibility of setting up a
disaster relief fund through CPF to admisister aid to members in this
disaster, and possibly to be used for future relief efforts.

I welcome any an all ideas the members may have concerning these ideas and
any others which may spring to mind.  We are a large national club and we
should take care of our members (and their Corvairs!) at a time like this.

Bill Hubbell
CORSA Secretary and Eastern Director