<VV> Weird Powerglide

Clark Hartzel chartzel@comcast.net
Thu, 23 Sep 2004 18:49:19 -0400

Today my newly purchased '65 Monza coupe (hardtop for those who want to keep
the current thread alive) saw the road for the first time in 10 years.  I
have a weird condition in that the powerglide doesn't seem to have a "drive"
position.  I pulled the pan to double check that the cable was correctly
engaged into the shift lever and it was.  Put new Dexron fluid in the pan.
Played with the throttle rod adjustment but nothing changed.  It shifts into
reverse OK and the car backs up.  Neutral is OK.  Nothing happens in drive.
Put it in low and the car takes off and upshifts under part throttle but not
full throttle.  You have to back off the gas to make it upshift under full
throttle.  The car was missing a vacuum modulator tube/hose but I installed
that and it idles OK, so no vacuum leaks.  Anybody ever have a similar
condition?  The car goes down the road OK but it is weird having two
neutrals and no drive!  I've never had a problem with a PG before so I'm
temporarily stumped.
Clark Hartzel
---