<VV> Vacuum Leak detection

Russ Moorhouse corvair65@verizon.net
Fri, 24 Sep 2004 20:43:47 -0400

How would I go about checking for a vacuum leak around my carbs?  I really
don't think that is the problem, since there are all new gaskets, hoses and
rebuilt carbs, but I'm running out of ideas as to what is wrong with my
right side carbs.  I've got vacuum on my secondary at idle, I've
disconnected the linkage to see it that was keeping it open,  The carb was
sent back and fixed and I was assured that it is tight (throttle plate).
I've checked the linkage on the primary and the carb is in synch with the
left side.  About the only thing left that might be causing this problem is
a vacuum leak, but where?

I've been fussing with this all summer and haven't hit on the answer yet!

Russ Moorhouse
'65 Corsa coupe 140 HP
Group Corvair Member
Kent Island, MD