<VV> Powerglide question

Sethracer@aol.com Sethracer@aol.com
Sat, 25 Sep 2004 21:39:30 EDT

I am re-installing a PG into a 65 Monza (something I haven't done in XX
years) The Tech tip in the Corsa Tech Guide tells how to install the shift  cable.
It says to put the selector on the dash into reverse and turn the  selector
arm on the trans counter-clockwise to full throttle, then insert the  cable
ball end, then let the linkage return - capturing the ball. -  EXCEPT  that full
throttle on the linkage arm is Clockwise, not counterclockwise. So -  Which is
it? Counter-clockwise or full throttle. I put it together and I am  pretty
sure the ball is not captured. - It is in drive and reverse selects  nothing
different. Also, selecting "Low" doesn't quite go down all the way on  the
selector. I really do not want to pull the pan on this one. Any thoughts? -  Seth
Emerson