<VV> Gas Flooded Corvair How to fix ?

Matt Never_Give dowagiac_2000@yahoo.com
Sat, 25 Sep 2004 20:22:02 -0700 (PDT)

I have a 1965 Corsa which about a week ago the
electrical gave out on the road. My instant reaction
was that gas was lacking. I kept pushing the peddle
and and finally stopped fixing the electrical which
was a loose wire from the battery terminal and walked
to get gas and pushed the peddle a whole lot more when
I returned to no avail.

Today a week later I tried again and figuring the
system was flooded pulled out the spark plugs. Sure
enough they were all wet with gas. Dryed them off shot
some starter fluid down the carbs and tried again. A
few puff, puffs and a loud backfire but no start.

1. Is their a good solution to a flooded Corvair.
2. Can a Corvair actually get so flooded that a week
of sitting and cleaning the plugs will not start it.
3. Also I have chokes set almost fully closed which is
what I guess should be right in such a situation.

Anyone have this problem before ?
Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

--Matt