<VV> Re: PG

Sethracer@aol.com Sethracer@aol.com
Sun, 26 Sep 2004 21:38:57 EDT

In a message dated 9/26/2004 10:22:31 AM Pacific Standard Time,
vairologist@juno.com writes:

Seth, you read it wrong or you have a misprint.  The  dash
selector belongs in Drive when you insert the ball end of the cable.
Have both throttle rods off of the TV lever.  Put a  slight
counterclockwise twist on the TV lever while you overcome it by  pushing
the ball in.               Smitty

Thanks, Smitty - The Tech manual tip was slightly off, suggesting  Reverse
instead of drive and specifying full throttle (wrong). But my problem  was I had
connected the throttle rods the the TV lever so I could start and  run the
motor. In order to install the cable, both had to be removed! With the  rods
attached, the lever wouldn't rotate counter-clockwise nearly  enough. DOH!  This
morning,  I went back to the 61 shop Manual  (early manuals are better than
late manuals!) and read the GM gospel. After  following the instructions it went
right in. All gears accessible!  After  starting it up it ran fine for about
15 minutes. (clicky lifters and all.) Then  it ran out of gas. Plenty in the
tank, (it seems), but none at the pump.  Sitting for 6-7 years - I will have to
do the tank/line clean-out shuffle.  - Seth