<VV> Re: Exploding tanks

J R Read_HML hmlinc@sbcglobal.net
Mon, 27 Sep 2004 10:57:09 -0500

It was side impacts which would grab the filler neck and pull it back,
rupturing the tank.  Not front end collisions.
At least that is what I recall.  Perhaps it was mentioned in "Unsafe"?  I
don't recall now where I got that bit of information or even if it was the
Corvair that had the problem - but I think it was.

Attachments are scanned with anti-virus software.

Later, JR