<VV> Corvairs in the Curves (long)

BEllison@bbafiberweb.com BEllison@bbafiberweb.com
Mon, 27 Sep 2004 16:49:45 -0400

<all in jest..>
Au contrair, mi amigo.

The motor ran sweet, and my driving skills are fine, as you can well attest
to getting whupped by me in the past.  (Remember the nationals where I beat
you both...WITH the spun crank gear?  Yeah, you beat me at the drags, but
what kind of "superior" driving skill does that take, eh?  LOL)  My street
tires, with 400 treadwear rating, made it like an ice rink out there,
squeeled 60% of the track, most of my 5 laps.  Add to that my full rear
seat, and 40lbs of speakers in the back, it just doesn't compensate for the
0.1 secs you beat me.  Maybe those spare tires ya'll have under the seat
belts are holding you back?  (D'OH - hitting below the BELT even!)

We've got our hardware, donor rims, widening strips, plasma cutter, and mig
and tigs, ready to make some rims.  Guess my next upgrade?  Loading for
bear, coming hunting, and know where two are sitting back on a log, eatin'
honey today.  Barry will be feasting on BEAR soon.  <GGG>(hopefully not
crow)

<end jest>

You forgot to mention, ole 112 took home the driver's choice award, one of
Ed Kelley's most coveted creations.  I don't know if anyone got pics of
those things, but they were really neat.  He put a lot of time into them.
We need to get some pics posted of those.  One was a cam shaft lamp, 3 were
head cutaways, complete with valves, rockers, springs, drain tubes, and some
push rods, a sparkplug, and highlight red gas and exhaust paths.   The other
lamp was a cutaway jug, with piston/rings/rod, and cap.

I haven't seen the #'s, but we were lucky to have everyone get 4 runs in.
We'll probably have to change some things next year, like the start time.
Might be getting too big.  Need to organize better if we're gonna have that
many drivers...around 15/16 cars, at least 25 drivers.

We had one newbie show up from Augusta, put his $20 fee down, and never got
to run.  Three hrs watching and never lined up.  I think he felt
intimidated, but I tried to tell him, just get out there and go slow.
Wouldn't take his fee back cause he had so much fun just watching.  His
friend he brought up, did get several runs in, and spun the LM red vert at
least once.

Glad you enjoyed yourself.

Barry