<VV> fan belt trouble

UltraMonzaWest@aol.com UltraMonzaWest@aol.com
Tue, 28 Sep 2004 14:31:42 EDT

In a message dated 9/28/2004 11:14:06 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
arthur.landis@us.army.mil writes:

> I finally got my '63 110 hp/PG running.  She's not road worthy just yet but
> I was encouraged that I got the engine running after 5 months.  I've had a
> strange problem.  When I have the engine running for a while, the fan belt
> will twist on it's own and the V-groove (ribbed side) of the belt will twist
> away from the fly wheel.  The grooved edge will stay in the fan, generator
> and adjustment pulleys correctly but the belt will twist incorrectly around
> the fly wheel.  This will then cause the engine to stall.  This has broken
> two belts now.  Any one else have this trouble?  Any fixes?
>
> Art

1  Rust in the crank puller.....polish it clean and shiny...make sure it's
straight...

2   How tight are you stretching the belt....?????

Engine COLD......belt LOOSE enough to move alt/ gen / fan  with fingers....

3  Is your Adjuster pulley   on the VERTICLE above the crank pulley?

Matt