<VV> FW: Sears

kaczmarek@charter.net kaczmarek@charter.net
Wed, 29 Sep 2004 18:37:06 +0000

All

This was welcome news about Sears Corporate

As a former Western Auto Employee(owned by Sears from 1989-1999), Sears was NOT a very good corporate Parent.

8/98--we were informed that we were going on the Sears 401K plan, where all of your contribution was fully vested in the plan on the day the money went in. Other good bennies.

10/98 Advance Auto bought by investment group from the Taubman family, who started the company in the 30's. Sears considered buying the chain and converting all the stores to Western Auto Parts America Stores.

1/99 Sears sells Western Auto Parts America to Advance Auto. Advance converts all Parts America Stores to Advance Auto stores. Sears bennies gone before we ever got them.
All Western Auto truck drivers fired.

2/99--Sears Home Improvements starts calling the fired drivers and asking them if they would like to buy siding and fencing for their homes---Makes you wonder who the hell is asleep at the wheel up there

8/99 Sears calls my home and asks me if I would like a Sears Card. Told them I won't go in there anymore so I don't need the card.

HANK