<VV> Steering gear lube

goofyroo@excite.com goofyroo@excite.com
Thu, 30 Sep 2004 09:30:20 -0400 (EDT)

The general consensus was, a 50/50 mix of 90W gear oil and hi-temp lithium grease.  (I may be wrong about the lithium, so somebody correct me.  Also, I know there were other opinions on what to use, but the group generally coalesced around this tried-and-true mix.)

I followed the suggestion of using a microwave to warm the grease, then stirred the oil in.  Handle the hot stuff with great caution.  I used an old teacup I could throw away afterward.

I spooned the mix into a squirt-style oil can and pumped it into the box on the car.  I figure you have the box out so you won't need to do that.

Michael Smith
Dallas

Join Excite! - http://www.excite.com