<VV> Corsa dash wrinkle paint

Williams, Rickie williamr@lindsey.edu
Thu, 30 Sep 2004 16:52:41 -0500

Is your paint missing/scratched in areas or just dirty?  If just dirty, I
have a solution.  Else, eastwood sells the wrinkle finish black.  The dash
for my 65 Corsa needed to be stripped to the bare metal.  So I used paint
stripper (keep it away from the plastic though), wiped every square inch
clean with a rag wet with lacquer thinner, sprayed the wrinkle finish black
and then set the piece out in the sun to get real hot.  Looks like a new
one.

The instrument panel and glove box surround for the raffle car was just
dirty (not all scratched up and with areas flaking off).  So, I cleaned the
pieces with PPG's 330 Oil/wax/grease remover and then as lightly as possible
sprayed a coat of Rustoleum Brand Satin Black onto the pieces.  To me they
looked as good as the other car's dash pieces that I had to completely strip
and re-spray.

The reason for spraying as light but as uniform a coat as possible is so
that the original wrinkle finish texture is not filled in with wet paint.

Hope this helps.

Rickie Williams
Columbia, KY