<VV> Door Handle Spring

goofyroo at excite.com goofyroo at excite.com
Fri Apr 1 09:41:49 EST 2005

The sequence is: foam washer, spring (wide end toward you), panel, plastic washer, handle.  At least that's how it is on my early.

The spring holds the panel firmly against the plastic washer and eliminates an unsightly potential "gap."  It is a very snug fit.  I have to use a rubber mallet to seat the handle.

Spray the plastic washer on both sides with silicone so it turns more easily.

Michael

I just completed both doors on my 66 vert and in the process of tidying up
afterwards I came across a set of door handle springs I had ordered ages
ago. I've never seen these installed on any car I've owned. What function do
they serve and where exactly do they fit as there's barely enough room for
the plastic washer under the door handle and the window crank!