<VV> Reverse Again

Geoffrey Johnson geoffj at unm.edu
Mon Apr 4 10:38:28 EDT 2005

My 63 convertible is back on the road with properly working reverse.  I
swapped the transmission out with another one I had on the shelf.  It
had indeed  lost the pin for the reverse fork or so.  The car has a late
shifter in it with brass tube bushings at the ends.  It is really crisp
and smooth to shift now that I had chased out all other slop before
swapping the transmission.  As time allows I will take the bad
transmission apart and go through it.  For now though only had time for
a quick swap.  It was still in group red for about a week though as I
did not have time unitl this weekend to get to it again.

-Geoff Johnson
63 Coupe
63 Vert