<VV> Convertible top catches

Barneck Doug C TIGTA Doug.Barneck at tigta.treas.gov
Tue Apr 5 15:31:37 EDT 2005

I am working on a 66 convert with a power top.  I read that the top catches
attached to the rear arm rest panels are for manual tops only.  My question
is .... Were there mounting studs (that the top catches mounted to) still
present on the back side of the upper arm rest panel?  The upholstery covers
this area.  Should I grind off the unnecessary studs or just cover them with
the upholstery?  They look pretty bumpy under the upholstery.  I am trying
to find out what they did from the factory...
Doug Barneck