<VV> You say Communiqui, I say communique

Wrsssatty at aol.com Wrsssatty at aol.com
Wed Apr 6 10:03:18 EDT 2005

<Why do several members on VV call it Communiqui?  There is an "E" on the
end.  Communique!!!>

Maybe I'm just not paying attention but I've never seen that.  My guess is
that when some folks put their own accent mark over the "e" it comes across on
your e-mail as an "i."  I've noticed in the past that when I try to use accent
marks on VV (I would NEVER, however, put an accent mark over the last "e" in
communique) by the time I read it on VV it end ups looking like space alien
hieroglyphics.    For instance, to do an "e" with an accent mark over it I would
type alt+130 or this:  é

We'll see how that comes over.  As for me, I usually write communique all
lower case which, I believe, is how it actually appears on the cover of the
magazine.  Maybe larry claypool had something to do with that.  I would also put
that in bold as one should with the names of magazines but again, I've attempted
that in the past and it didn't come across on VV.  Let's try it and you can
see what happens:

communique

Oh, well.

Bill Stanley