<VV> pulleys in tunnel

N. Joseph Potts pottsf at msn.com
Wed Apr 6 10:37:46 EDT 2005

I think it is because a smaller pully will wear out faster, just like a
smaller (diameter) tire. Replacing a larger pulley with a smaller pulley
will shorten the cable's path, and will require adjustment (shortening) of
its length that may or may not be within the range of the mechanism's
adjustment capabilities.

Joe Potts
Miami, Florida USA
1966 Corsa coupe 140hp 4-speed with A/C